Fettuccine isn’t the only place Alfredo sauce is welcome! It tastes equally delicious and satisfies your craving for creamy on fennel and sausage. For a better fat burn, opt for spicy Italian sausage since hot chilis rev up your metabolism while tingling your taste buds.
– 3 Italian sausage links, chopped (about 3 ounces)
– 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
– 1 cup thinly sliced spinach or broccoli rabe
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tablespoon coconut flour
– 1/3 cup canned full-fat coconut milkPlace the sausage in a large cold skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausage, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often until it starts to brown. Add the fennel and reduce the heat to low, cook 6 to 7 minutes more until the fennel browns and softens. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more until it becomes fragrant. Sprinkle the coconut flour over the sausage and stir well, until the coconut flour coats and makes dry spots on the skillet.
Turn the heat to low and add the coconut milk, stirring well until a creamy yet light sauce forms. Top with the spinach or broccoli rabe and cover. Rest 1 to 2 minutes until the greens wilt then serve immediately.