If you’re a seafood lover, create this large pot of stew and you’ll have plenty of leftovers to enjoy for either lunch or dinner throughout the week.
– 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 yellow onion, diced
– 8 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
– 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
– 3 celery stalks, diced
– 32-ounce bottle of high quality vegetable juice (such as Knudsen’s Very Veggie Low-Sodium)
– 1 bay leaf
– 3/4 teaspoon paprika
– 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
– 1/2 teaspoon celery salt, or to taste
– 8 ounces medium shrimp
– 8 ounces scallops, whole bay or halved sea scallops
– 12 ounces halibut, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
Heat the oil over medium heat in a soup pot. Add onions, peppers, and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the vegetable juice, bay leaf, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and celery salt, and stir to incorporate. Increase heat and bring stew to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
Add the seafood and simmer for about 5 minutes or until fish and shrimp are just cooked through. Stir in parsley to serve.
Please fill out the form below.